Saturday, July 5, 2014

Time to make some ART - literally - and a SALE‏


New Goodies!

Hi Everyone! I hope you're having a wonderful holiday weekend. I found some time to make a bit of art, so mine has been great so far! I was itching to do a FUN collage, and what could be more fun than an ART collage! Literally! We also have several other fun goodies in the shop.




ART Time! 

Well now, this is most definitely some ART time. I had a BLAST playing with our new Jumbo Art Word Cut Outs. They have lots of area to alter, which satisfied my desire to do a fun layered collage. Of course you can go several routes with these letters! I'll share my steps below!



First, I brushed on some acrylic paint. I didn't worry too much about covering the entire thing. I went for fast and a bit messy! I used Orange, Hot Pink, and Aqua.


 Next, I tore up bits of vintage book pages and attached randomly using my Glue N Seal.


To clean my edges, I used the Basic Grey File Set. This set is the absolute BOMB! It comes with several small files for getting in those tight spaces. And of course a few larger files too. I'll never use sand paper again! Next I added some rubber stamping.


I fussy cut several collage images and tore a few others. I attached them with Glue N Seal and filed my edges with my new file set!


Using my Large Fish Scale stencil, I added some White acrylic paint in certain areas.


To finish things off, I added the word "ARTIST" using our new stencil and a black gel pen.


Your ART is ready to display. You have several options! 


I think I like my ART best in the window sill!





Inspiration By Gerri Herbst!

Design Team Member Gerri Herbst created this SWEET Mermaid Garland using our Glitter Mermaids Collage Sheet and Mirror Cut Outs. So magical Gerri!





Mermaid Inspiration By Diana Darden!

This fabulous Personal Shrine is by Diana Darden! I just love the playful nature of this piece. Beautiful Diana!





Mermaid Inspiration By Carolyn Huber!

Carolyn Huber's Mermaids will be sailing in style in their very own Sailboat! Awesome job Carolyn!





Inspiration By Linda Cain!

This stunning Gothic Arch Triptych is by Team Member Linda Cain! You can view more photos and learn about the entire process on Linda's blog HERE. Thanks for all the great tips Linda!





Merfolk Art Swap!

Just a reminder, Merfolk are due July 14th. You can read the full information HERE!
The Merfolk have begun to arrive. You can check them out on Facebook or on Pinterest.
The fabulous folk below are by Deb Moon!

2 comments:

  1. Love your ART! Thanks for showing us the step-by-step!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love everyones art!!
    so inspiring!!!
    thanks for the ART tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!