Saturday, February 28, 2015

Victorian Frame Stand Ups and Brand New Finnabair‏


Happy weekend everyone! I'm absolutely IN LOVE with our new goodies this week. Gorgeous Victorian Frame Stand Ups, stunning new collage sheets, AND the Finnabair line is in stock and ready to ship. All of these goodies will go beautifully together!
You can check it out HERE.


My favorite thing about the Victorian Frame Stand Ups is that they can be used for just about any holiday or theme! The idea came to me when I was packing orders and a Victorian Frame Ornament was sitting on a Butterfly Stick. And that was that! I just had to design some!

And how can you resist the yummy goodies below! I can't wait to dive in!






Art Time!

I had a blast playing with one of the new Victorian Frame Stand Ups. A few days ago while shopping I saw a gorgeous mixed media vintage bird painting, which was the inspiration for my piece. I adore the blues and yellows together. 


I would love to do a whole series with different birds! And of course the new Bird Collage Sheet I used would be perfect!


I started by "painting" my raw masonite pieces with Inka Gold. I learned a great tip while doing this. Using my sponge brush and adding a bit of water now and then, the Inka Gold went on smooth as butter! Often I use my finger to apply, and find the Inka Gold can flake off at times. The sponge brush/water method worked amazingly! It was SO FAST! And don't forget to store your Inka with a baby wipe to keep it moist!


I added black acrylic paint and Gold Stickles to my Bee Cut Out. Cute little guy! I'm calling my piece "Birds and the Bees".


I positioned my frame on my Collage Sheet and drew a very thin line around the center.


I cut out my Collage Image leaving a small border, and then glued the image to the back of the frame. Once dry, I attached the entire thing to my oval back. And then attached everything to the round base.


I finished my piece with some White Sharpie dots and three small crystals on the crown. This piece was super fast and only took 20 minutes from start to finish including photographs. My new Inka Gold application had a lot to do with the speed. I love the way it came out! 





Inspiration By Amy Nieman!


A super sweet trinket box by Design Team Member Amy Nieman using Collage Sheet DP322! The perfect place for storing your tiny treasures! So cool Amy!
)She also used our Washi Tapes, Black Scalloped Dresden Trim, Paper Mache Box, Word Paper Cuts)




Inspiration By Lynn Stevens!


A sweet as can be tiny house assemblage by Design Team Member Lynn Stevens! Love the Tiny Houses with the Tiny Angel! So clever Lynn!
(She Also Used Our Tiny Fairy Head Paper Cuts, Collage Sheet CV85, Collage sheet CV58, Collage sheet CV34, German Dresden Borders, Silver Faux Rhinestone Ribbon (for door knobs), Pink Glass Glitter)




Inspiration By Gerri Herbst!


I'm loving this super creative ATC by Design Team Member Gerri Herbst! The tiny eggs in the chipboard nest are just too much! In the best possible way. Amazing composition Gerri!
(She Also Used Our Bird ATC Frame, Vintage Belles Collage Sheet)




Inspiration By Diana Darden!


Trying to beckon Spring with this adorable Stand Up Fairy Bloom by Diana Darden! This may give you some inspiration for the new Victorian Frame Stand Ups! So sweet Diana!
(She Also Used Our Fairy Head Paper Cuts, Diamond Glaze, Inka Gold)




Congratulations to Linda Cain!


A huge congratulations to Design Team Member Linda Cain! She has several of her art pieces published in the current issue of Just Steampunk Magazine (Vol. 6 on the newsstands now)! And because I knew you would ask, here are the links to her Design Team projects featured. Each one is even more fabulous! Way to go Linda!

Steampunk Manikin: http://ow.ly/JF9RQ
Steampunk Heart: http://ow.ly/JF9Wz
Steampunk Hutch: http://ow.ly/JF9Yq

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments!