Friday, March 20, 2015

Mail Art Fun + Lots of New Goodies‏


Happy weekend everyone! We have tons of fun new goodies in the shop this week! First, we have several new Stick Stand Ups! The Design Team has been creating some amazing things with them, so I had to add a few more! And a few of the minis from last week, are now not so mini! Second, we have TONS of new Chipboard Postcards! Mail art is tons of fun, and I wanted to offer some fancy shapes for you to play with. They are still 4" x 6", which is standard postcard size, but more ornate because that is the Retro way!
You can check it out HERE.


This week's project was so much fun! And a bit different since I usually work in 3D! To be honest, these are the first postcards I've ever created, and now I'm super excited to mail them out! I definitely see more in my future!

I love the fun chalkboard look of these! I hope they make the postman (or woman) smile too!


I started by laying out my supplies. For the most part I had things planned out.


Next, I coated both sides of my chipboard with Glass Chalkboard Paint. Glass paint? Why yes! This was an accidental discovery, but this paint works beautifully on our chipboard and our Masonite. It goes on with only one coat required!


Painting both sides will eliminate any possible warping!


Once my Chalkboard Paint was dry, I doodled using some stencils.


The Colored Sharpies were really fun against the black paint.


Next I just layered on some collage elements.


I drew and painted some sweet dresses on the dolls!


I'm totally in love with the new Playful Frames Collage Sheets, AND if you get them in Sticker Paper, you can just stick on your elements!


I kept the "back" of the postcards simple. Using a ruler and my white sharpie I added a dotted line in the center. Then I stuck on Playful Frames for my "To" and "From" sections (Sticker Paper option of course). I left some room under the return address section for writing a message. And they are ready to go!


I had a blast making these postcards! Of course you can make them any style you wish. If you are new to postcards, just think of them as bigger ATCs or tags. Super easy!




Inspiration By Lynn Stevens!

A beautiful Easter egg diorama by Design Team Member Lynn Stevens! Just loving all the gorgeous vintage lace! And she even made the egg herself! Such a lovely project Lynn!

It's slightly hard to see, but the Antique Ephemera Vintage Easter Collage Sheet made for a great background.
(She Also Used Our Coconut Paper Blooms, 1.75 Inch Candle Stick (base), Mini Sheep, Wood Fence, Sepia Wildflower Collage Sheet)




Inspiration By Amy Nieman!

 An absolutely gorgeous journal page by Design Team Member Amy Nieman! This would make a fabulous postcard as well! The colors just pop!
I love how she used the Finnabair Now is the Right Time Cling Mount Stamp Set!
She Also Used Our Gelatos. Beautiful Amy!




Inspiration By Linda Cain!

Spring is in the air, and Design Team Member Linda Cain has a bright and cheery project for you using our Butterfly and Heart Flower Stick Stand Ups!
 

Find more stunning photos, full product links, and step-outs on Linda's Blog!




Inspiration By Cat Kerr!

'Birdy Talk' by Design Team Member Cat Kerr is sure to put some "Spring" into your step! I'm especially loving the "plume" on the sweet Bird Stick!

 

Hop on over to Cat's Blog for the full tutorial and tons of fun photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments!